Hello! It’s Wednesday and time to wake up your creativity.
For today’s Wednesday Wake-Up Call we are going to explore silence. What do you hear in the silence around you? Perhaps it is the absence of electronic noise (computer, cell phone, television) or the silence of people who can’t or won’t communicate that is filling your environment. Take time to be still and listen to the silence and then create what you heard through the art form of your choice…pen, paintbrush, camera, etc. Share your creations with us by using Mr. Linky below.
Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Within the sound of silence
In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence
And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence
"Fools", said I, "You do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you"
But my words, like silent raindrops fell
In the wells of silence
And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said, "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls"
And whispered in the sounds of silence
Now...here's how to play along.
1. Post your response to the prompt above to your blog. The medium is your choosing. Words,
color, image...however the prompt strikes you.
2. Copy the address of your post and click Mr. Linky below.
3. Paste your post address, enter your name where indicated, click submit...and your're in!
4. Revisit Mr. Linky to explore the repsonses of others who have found themselves inspired,
commenting and sharing.
5. Our goal is community. Sharing the good work of others. Let others know you appreciate their
work, just as you hope they let you know they appreciate yours.
6. You have until 9am Sunday Morning to link your response.