Welcome to this weeks Wednesday Wake Up Call...a chance to go beyond your chosen medium, to explore the world of creation and your place in it. Art, in all its forms, has always fascinated me. From a young age, I dreamed of performing. Just me and Dad and his old acoustic guitar, busting out Kenny Roger's "The Gambler" for any who had ears to listen. But it wasn't just the music...it was what it did to me. To this day, if I'm blessed with an empty house for a couple of hours, you can normally find me, dancing by myself.
So today, with the videos and quotes that follows, I'm hoping you'll find a rhythm to dance yourself through the midweek blues. From ballet to hip hop, there's no denying the right song, the right performance, can ignite your spirit, open your heart, heal your wounds and if we're REALLY lucky, you'll find your inner creative inspired to share here with us.
- Spend some time with the prompts. Feel the music, the movement.
- Post a response to your blog. Any medium of your choosing. If you can blog it...you can post it.
- Copy the post address of your response and click the Mr. Linky button found below the video. Here you will be asked to include your link and your name. Click submit...and your in.
- Return to Mr. Linky to see what's been prompted from the other creators who have joined in. Comment and share to your hearts content. We are committed to a community based on sharing and caring, and the support of others' work is paramount in our endeavours
- As always, the entry to receive the most Google +1's will be awarded our Purple Pheonix to display and share on their own site.
There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good ~ Edwin DenbyI would believe only in a God that knows how to dance ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance ~ Japanese Proverb