As artists and creatives, we are often granted wonderful opportunities to use our talents in an effort to help others, whether through our work directly, or through our support. As we welcome the turn to another new year, I'd like to share with you a wonderful writer who is doing just that.
Jessica Kristie's debut novel "Barbed-wire Butterflies" tackles the very real, very urgent issue of human trafficking. Not only has she used her pen to weave a compelling and disturbing tale to foster awareness, she has taken it a step further by donating 100% of author print royalties to Courage Worldwide, an organization committed to building homes for those rescued out of slavery.
Here at NWCU we are all about sharing our talents and stepping outside our comfort zones. We support team work and collaboration. Coming together to work with each other to take what we create to the next level. In this same sense, Jessica has partnered with artist DivineHammer to create beautiful renderings of the very Barbed-wire Butterflies that are her novel's namesake. The sale of these amazing works, each unique and individually numbered, will also be used to support her mission, with a percentage of the proceeds helping Courage Worldwide.
I am so very inspired by the passion and motivation behind the "Barbed-wire Butterflies" movement. It is a cause close to my heart and an example of how by working together we can make a difference in this world.
- Post your story, your art, your spotlight of your supported charity or organization to your blog.
- Copy the exact post address.
- Click on Mr. Linky and paste your site link, enter your name, and click submit. Too easy, right?
- Now return to visit and share with others who are playing. Read their stories, share their work. Teamwork and cooperation...how much better could it get!
- Most of all...let's lend our focus to making the world better. Get out there and get your good deeds on!